Companies think reputation management is only for social media monitoring and maintain a good public relation. Surprisingly, they don’t have an idea how it can affect their sales and business in online media. The customers’ behaviour has changed drastically over the years from passive to an active one. The customer expresses views about companies in social media through comments, reviews, and feedback of purchased products or services. Now, a company no longer can ignore such expressions of people instead need strategies to tackle for a positive result in business.
Marketing experts are advising companies to be more transparent and open up to accept criticism and feedback from a customer. In fact, it has become a new mode of communication with customers to maintain a steady relationship. Asking feedback and reviews about the products after launching in the market helps to measure a company’s success. But being transparent is risky but not heeding to customers concern can be riskier for a business. Apart from it, a company needs to react to criticism on time and politely to avoid the loss in long run.
Create profiles in networking sites to convey a message about product, services or any important information. It is helpful in connecting customers and prospect directly. This powerful media has the potential to create an excellent image as well as ruin your reputation with a few bad comments. But social media isn’t so damaging as negative reviews, hate propaganda, and negative media coverage about your company. These need to be stopped as it gets embedded in search engine result and customers will run away after seeing them.
In this digital era, nothing is free from criticism. It may be good according to freedom of speech perspective but very bad for your company. Want to maintain a good reputation online? Here are the Ten Commandments to save your company from losing image in front of potential customers.
1. Be Well Respected – In this competitive market, it is very hard to gain credibility and trust of customers. It is important that people respect you and work and hence online reputation management is very important.
2. Be transparent – Today, people like to see a transparent company rather than hiding from a critic. Be brave to embrace criticism, feedback and suggestion from people. This brings more profits to the company in future.
3. Monitor your Social media – It is important for a company to closely monitor the social networking sites to see customers’ criticism or feedback. Apart from this, social media has become a potential hub for business. This is because users see the feedback or rating in social media before deciding to buy your products or services.
4. React Quickly and Politely – Many customers complain about the product or services of your company in social media. It is essential to answer them quickly with an assurance to solve a problem in a polite tone. Late answering to customers can cause severe damage to reputation and business losses.
5. Address Criticism – People has the freedom to express their views about your products or services. Criticism coming from a genuine critic or customers needs to be addressed positively. Otherwise, it will create serious damage to a company’s relationship with customers.
6. Treat Your Google as Business Card – First impression count for the company to increase the conversion rate in a website. This is because many people like to judge the book by its cover. So, if visitors see scam or rip off in your website will turn away.
7. Understand your Fault-finder – Criticisms are not always bad and provide lots of things to learn and essential to understanding them nicely. It is a chance to learn more about the audience and craft a better message in future. But, this criticism should come from the genuine source or customers to take action.
8. Attack Your Illegitimate Critics – Many competitors provide false information in comments to attack the reputation of the company. Such people should be sued by a company otherwise they will continue doing in future. Otherwise, it will significantly damage your reputation.
9. Learn from Your Mistakes – Many times criticism comes because of genuine fault or defects of products of the company. Be brave to accept the fault and solve the problem as soon as possible. It is important to learn from the past mistakes to avoid such circumstances in future.
10. Seek Professional Help – Negative reviews, comments, and propaganda against your company can be effectively tackled by taking help from a professional in reputation management. The attacking comments or reviews are either removed or lower the ranking from search result so that customers can’t see them. In fact, it is an essential service for an online company to maintain brand image, the credibility of customers, and sales of a product in the market.
In this digital era, no company is free from criticism of critic or frustrated customers. Learning to manage such things effectively is essential to survive in a market otherwise; it would severely impact your business in the long run. Now, you got the idea that reputation management isn’t simply public relation or social monitoring but directly linked to sales of products. So, take reputation management service from professionals and apply the above-mentioned point to maintain your image.