Every customer wishes to get the desired information or products from the visiting website. This is why more than 40% of the customers prefer to shop from website providing a personalized experience, according to a new survey. It has also found that 74% of the customers get frustrated for not getting the right or searched information on the website. Hence, showing a personalized experience to a visitor is an advantage and helps companies in getting more conversion.
To know and create a virtual persona, characteristics like hobbies, marketing transaction, user behaviours, preference, and channel used by visitors are gathered by companies and stored in a system. Large companies are trying to acquire the data after spending millions of money to get better insights about the customer which would be helpful for future conversion. Numerous tools have come up in the market to gather the desired information about the customers.
Let us see how personalizing a website design can lead to more conversion for companies.
1. Use visitor frequency to determine user experience: A first time visitor in a website usually keeps looking for different things randomly than a repeated one. The repeated visitors are tracked through the cookies and help in guiding to a more relevant and appropriate page. This is helpful in getting a better navigation experience in the website. To get more leads from first-time visitors, phone number, office address, video tutorial, and contact forms can help the company. For a repeated visitor, a company can prepare the mailing list to provide information about the products or services.
2. Geo-location promotes online and offline marketing: The company acquiring the virtual personas of the visitors online is useless for offline companies. But, with the coming of geo-location feature, it has become a game changer marketing strategy for companies. Today, companies can trace the location of the visitor and helpful in getting a more offline conversion with various offers to the customers in its nearest retail outlets. It is useful data to find out the potential customers living near the firms and by sending mail one can increase conversion significantly.
3. Optimize contents according to time: Changing the theme of the content according to day, week, month or even seasons will lead to more conversion in a website. One can change the contact form with the mobile number during the business hour or replace the mobile number with contact form when business is closed to get the potential customers outside the business hours. Offering different products, services and information online will have a positive impact on increasing the conversion in the website. Hence, it is essential for a writer to change the topics and optimize contents according to time.
4. Find out the Special Event or Festival: The theme of the content should be changed by the company during a special event or festival. The topic should be chosen coinciding with festival or event to engage the visitors in the website and eventually lead to conversion. During valentine day, a writer can add photo about love and affection. The visitor usually remains in the loving atmosphere during the occasion and discussing it is like showing an extra concern for customer leading to engagement and conversion.
5. Adapt the content according to visitor Source: The writer can easily write and adapt the content if it knows the way visitor entered in your website. The landing pages should be written according to the nature of products or keeping the needs of customers in mind. This will helps in providing a seamless experience to visitors and increases the chance of conversion in the website. In email marketing, the visitor should be attracted with dedicated mail offering a special discount to visit your website. This will eventually generate leads and finally conversion in the website.
Adapting the design and content of a website are significant for getting the desired conversion by companies in online media. Companies should take full advantage by personalizing the design of website according to a requirement of customers. These points would be helpful for companies to acquire success in this area in future. Apply and gain more conversion from online marketing now.