In online marketing, a website is used as an important tool in promoting the products, services and information to potential customers. It is used to communicate with the customers directly 24/7 in web and convey the message properly. A well-designed website helps in creating a special brand image and good impression on the visitors about the professionalism of the company. This is an effective method of communication with consumers, stakeholder, and visitors. Good website design is halfway to a conversion of customers. The buying process of customers starts after landing in the website but only effective information will lead to conversion.
The website which is not converting, not creating a brand image and can’t carry the important messages to the target audience then, it is considered outdated and needed renovation. Otherwise, you will end up losing your traffic, decrease the profit margin and not even get new customers from the online media. Actually, online shoppers prefer a dynamic website packed with latest design and application for enhancing the experience. Thus, a website needs to be maintained properly to get standard required in online business. Let us find out the condition when you need a redesign on the website.
1. Homepage isn’t creating impression on people: A website can be used by the company in building the brand image in online media. But, if it isn’t creating a desirable impression on the people, then you are losing lots of business opportunities. 46.1% of customers say that good design is the number one criteria in increasing credibility.
The important things to see on your homepage:
- Logo condition like prominent or not.
- Color scheme in a brand,
- Using standard fonts,
- Is a website reflects your product or goal?
2. Website isn’t mobile or tablet friendly: People around the world are using small devices for surfing on the internet these days. The mobile device can’t be used to surf regular website due to small screen size which causes loss of traffic for the company. In this condition, the website requires renovation from a modern designer in the market.
The following things should be looked at:
- Website difficulties in navigating on mobile or tablet.
- Are mobile or tablets features compatible on a website?
- Do users need to zoom or scroll down the page to get information?
3. Presence of Non- working links or button: Users often click on the links or button to get the desired information in a website. But, if it doesn’t work nicely, it leads to bad experience and frustration of customers and turns away. It needs to be removed by the company quickly.
The bad effect of this problem:
- You’re frustrating users in a website.
- Creates a bad impression on your digital presence.
- Are you checking the website regularly to find out the fault?
4. Website images don’t promote your brand: “Brain can remember and process visuals 60K faster than texts”, according to a study of 3M Corporation and Nabisco. This is why most of the companies use alluring images to promote their brand in online media. But, if images can’t convey the branding for companies, are worthless. It needs to be changed by the company.
Important things to remember by you while using of images in the website.
- Ensure no broken images in the website as it creates a bad impression and loss of opportunity for promotion.
- Are you using recent or modest photos in a website?
- Are you using a professional photo in the website?
- Does your image convey meaningful information about marketing?
- Do you use confusing photos?
5. Website takes a long time to load: Website taking longer times to load frustrates users and just turns away from there. This leads to loss of quality traffic and increases the bounce rate in the website due to bad user experience. It is essential for the company to reduce the loading time with experts helps to promote user experience.
Are you experiencing any of these five problems in a website? If yes, your website is outdated and need quick renovation to get success in online marketing. Observe your website and find out the problem to redesign quickly.