Many companies solely depend upon online media in promoting their products, services and information to potential customers. In fact, online promotion has become essential for every company to survive in the global market as traditional marketing practices no longer work. The website is being used as an important mode of creating brand awareness, establish a relationship through communication, and find out potential customers. But, people will notice the website if, it ranks higher in a search engine. Thus, the success of a company depends upon website’s ranking which determines traffic, sales and conversion.
SEO services should be taken by the companies to gain top ranking in this competitive online market. But, advanced techniques and skills should be used in the campaign to gain the desired ranking within a stipulated time. Otherwise, companies will simply waste their hard earned money without getting a desirable result. Let us find out the SEO trends in 2014 for companies to remain ahead of their competitors in online marketing.
1. Three Pillars of SEO Strategy – The most important parts of a successful SEO campaign are link, content and social media. Companies should bring out a strategy combining these three pillars to get a maximum desired result. The link building should be done with high PageRank and relevant sites to get good ranking. The content should be sharp and targeted to the audience with better information, clarity and conversion capacity. Social media should be an integral part of marketing to reach to potential customers, create brand awareness, and increase traffic on the website. These are essential for every company to succeed in online marketing.
2. Content Marketing is Maturing – The word “content marketing” was the top buzzword of 2013 and still continuing this year also. The role and demand for great contents will remain the same in the market even in the future. So, companies should create content which resonates with the audience. Today, marketers are expecting and demanding more ROI from content marketing than earlier. Thus, the content needs to be modified by the company accordingly to meet demands, measures strategies, and improve performance.
3. Mobile Optimization is Compulsory – After the Hummingbird update of Google, companies are finding difficulties in ranking their website higher without a mobile strategy. The responsive design and mobile content strategy help in achieving this. Millions of people have owned Smartphones and using to access the internet every day. Now, it is essential for companies to give importance to small device users by getting a responsive website. This is why mobile optimization is compulsory for companies now not optional to grow the business in online media.
4. Build Your Brand Image in Online Media – Strong efforts are required in creating a good brand image in the online media by a company. A good brand image affects the SEO and helps in getting quick ranking in the website. One such example is author rank which defines writer expertise in a particular industry and ranks well in search engine result. Hence, building your brand and thought leadership helps companies in getting their desired result in a certain period of time.
5. Use Social Media for an Effective SEO – Google considers social media human signals like shares, likes, and mentions important to rank the website higher in a search result. So, if you don’t have a strong digital presence, it is the right time to do so. Though there are many social networking sites you should have a Google+ account, as Google takes more signals from this site during ranking.
Are you planning to start SEO strategies on your website? Don’t forget to add above mentioned strategies in your campaign to be successful in online marketing. Only advanced strategies are effective and bring fruit otherwise, it will be a simple waste of time and money.