Quality content and keywords maintenance are keys to avoid Google panda penalty.
The people start to panic as they see a drop in traffic and ranking of their website. A question always comes in the mind of the people, if they have been slapped by the Google Panda update? The ranking and traffic of a website fluctuate due to various reasons not necessarily to the panda penalties. Panda is an algorithm of Google to find out the high quality or original thick contents websites and rank it higher in the search engines instead of low quality or duplicate contents websites.
Here is some procedure to find out the causes of low ranking and the panda penalty on the website.
- Watch the keyword- instead of looking at the ranking, categories the keywords to track the changes in the content of your site.
- Observation- you need to observe if the ranking and traffic really dropping and check it again after a certain period.
- Analytical check- check analytically if there has been a decrease in the traffic for that period.
- Technical problems- check if the fluctuation may be due to some technical issue like accidental no index and canonical tag.
- New company- it may be due to the coming of a new player in the market with more promotion in social media and better optimization.
- Duplicity- looks if anyone is duplicating your contents of the website.
- Think – think about the content of your website if it has high-quality content with proper management of keywords. Is it original or you copied from others website. Have you added something new to your site recently?
If you find no technical issues and you have low quality or duplicate content then it may the warning prior to a Google panda penalty. But you will get ample time to rewrite the content to have high-quality contents on your website before the refreshment of panda. After that also your website will not disappear but it will be rank in the 30 to 40 position in the search engines.