The marketing strategies of companies are rapidly changing from traditional mass advertisement to promotion of products through social media. Most of the online marketer is utilizing social media in establishing a good relationship and speak directly to the customers. Billions of customers use social networking sites every month and hence these media have become a hub of potential customers. Moreover, no media is as reliable and quick to build brand awareness by the company as the social media of today.
But, establishing a company’s account in various networking sites won’t lead to its popularity. A company need to study the psychology of consumers before starting marketing. Quality content is the most suitable weapon for a company to increase share in online media. What sorts of content get shared in social media? This question often torments the content writer being asked by their boss to write viral content every time. But, without knowing the psychology of customers, would it be possible to write content people like to share? No. Let us find out the contents, motivation, and reasons for sharing the content by the customers in online media.
It is human nature to share information with their colleagues, friends, and others since time immemorial. But, now sharing of information has become easy and super fast from traditional one. But, it isn’t a good reason to share your content by the customers. What features of content appeal online customers these days? Here are the important topics which get a share in the social media.
- Shocking news, truth, and urgent essential information.
- Emotional touch content like fear, sadness, anger, frustration, etc.
- Interesting topics like facts, amazement, enjoyment, etc.
- Industry experts and celebrities.
- High-quality content containing depth-in information of a particular.
Writing the content using these topics by a writer not only deliver shares but a special comment from the users in the social media. It creates engagement, relationship and popularity of the company in online media.
Nobody would like to share content without touching his/her heart. Well, let us find out the reasons/motivations of sharing the content by the users to their counterpart and others. Here are the important reasons.
- To give entertaining and valuable information to others.
- To create a specific image in the eyes of their friends like kind, humour, reserved, etc.
- To develop and nourish a special relationship with others.
- To get more involved in the latest trends of social media and the world.
- To support an issue, brands, cause, etc.
Creating sharable contents is not easy as it requires expertise and skills in this field. The content needs to touch the user emotionally while providing useful information. Here are the key factors to influence the sharing of contents in online media are-
- Write appealing content urging consumers to connect with others and not just your brand.
- Write 100% genuine content with mentioning of referred sites for building the trust of visitors.
- Keep the content simple and attractive to get shared in social media.
- Write humorous contents.
- Grab a sense of urgency in content to get more shares like issues, causes, etc.
Apply these techniques while writing the content to get more share and establish a quick brand name in online media. It is not easy to increase fans and potential customers in social media without establishing a special content strategy. Hope the above-discussed topics will be helpful to you in writing the contents.